Saturday, April 21, 2012

Courtesy on the C-train

Getting on the train downtown, my attention was drawn to a well dressed young man. "He's at peace", I thought, as we both boarded the south-bound train. He carried a small Harry Rosen bag, big enough for a tie and a pair of socks, maybe.

I got a seat and he ended up standing close by as we made our way home. A seat opened up next to where he was standing and this young man did something I haven't seen in a long time. He offered the empty seat to one woman (who refused) and then turned to another to make the same offer (she also refused). Then finally, he sat. Even his brown shoes were polished.

A few stops down, a very pregnant woman entered the train. Again he offered his seat, and again it was refused.

Don't give up young man. Your kind and generous offers were duly noted. Your Mama would be so proud!

(Your striped socks were very cool too!)

Thank you for warming my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment