Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My January Create



At the start of each year, an old and dear friend of mine encourages me to choose a Word, which will be my theme for the months ahead. 

I’ve “done” Relax, Focus and Let It Unfold, in years past. This year, I’ve chosen Create. I have decided that what I need is some Play, time to have fun, no agenda, no end goal. In choosing Create, I hope to learn some new things as the months take shape. See my January Create right here, courtesy of a fun and relaxing class at Vin Gogh Paint Sip Studio.


February is now upon us and  stay tuned for my Create project for this month. I don’t know yet what it will look like but it will be a jewelry piece this time. The best part of this idea is that it will force me to organize, sort through, and find (!) some items which I’ve accumulated. My drawer devoted to jewelry beads, cords, chains, shiny and colorful things will also get a much needed look through. It is yet a mystery as to what I will rediscover in the little bags, containers, torn out papers and snipped articles.

During the year, I pull my Word out and savour it in quiet times and also when I know I need it. Many years ago, my Word was Yoga. And that year for the first time in my life I stepped onto a mat. Since then, Yoga has become an essential part of my life and I am so grateful that it came to me as my Word of growth that year.

If you want to join the fun and choose a Word for yourself this year, it is not too late. Decide! Then send me a note and tell me which Word you chose and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment